Sunday, November 16, 2008

Day 5 @ Shanghai

Today, we went to the Shanghai Science and Technology Museum. This science museum is 4 times bigger than the Science Centre in Singapore! Super, super big! It also let us get further into science, which I always want.

When we went inside, I felt as excited as a astronaut in a space shuttle ready to zoom off. But then it is like the space shuttle speeding up to space with the astronaut' s stomach having butterflies fiying inside, making the stomach to change shape like the shape of all those dirty slimes or aliens in Pluto. We are going to the roller coaster, ready to travel in the ' mouth' of a ' human'. Finally we ended in the toilet bowl and there' s a " Hey, a poo was dropping on us!" by me. I thought that smell gases will come out so I covered my face.

Then, the teachers let us view two exhibitions we want. We went to the robots exhibition and saw some robots dancing.

Also, I learnt about the Robot Gobang Player. Here is the information I took:

Robot Gobang Player
  • The gobang board is not the normal one, it has a printed circuit board which has photoelectric sensors and when a stone is put on the board, it blocks the light and signals the sensor.

  • The signal will be transformed and transmitted into the computer, telling the computer the location of the stone.

  • The computer will combine with the gobang strategy data and tell the robot where the best location to put its next stone.
Then, we went to the spider exhibition and saw many different types of spiders. They even got some dead spiders to show you! However, they did not allow you to touch.

After we bought some souvenirs, we went into the bus and to the Oriental Pearl Tower, the tallest tower in Asia and third tallest tower in the world.


It was taller than I thought! I found out that it got 280-500 storeys! (Admittedly I forgot what is the maximum level.) The scenery from the top is certainly pictureque! Here is one of the sceneries I viewed:

It was so beautiful, isn' t it? The Oriental Pearl Tower was so tall that you can see the whole city of Shanghai.



Other countries had sent the tower some beautiful gifts. Here' s one by Japan:



After that, we went to see the history of Shanghai (Still in the Oriental Pearl Tower). It was very interesting. But the most interesting is the Opium War, which was fought between China and Britain. Britain won, and China had no choice but to give Britain Hong Kong. Hong Kong was only given back in 1997, the year before I was born.

At last, we went to have our dinner and after having our dinner, we went back to the hotel. It was my favourite day.

No comments: